Tuesday, August 24, 2010

interesting and new things have come to this blog

First interesting thing:

In this first photograph on the left, you might believe that there is nothing notable about this image of a smiling dog, except for the fact that he is nature's most perfect, well-formed, most likely smartest, and most obedient dog. But, AHA! in the second image, I have zoomed in to demonstrate that there is a suspicious looking stick on the shrub next to the dog! In the third photograph, the stick has walked on over and up onto the side of the house!

WHAT A CRAZY INSECT!

For larger images, please right-click on the thumbnails on the left and select "open in new window" or "open in new tab".


Now, I will proceed onto the next new and interesting thing.

I was at 99 Ranch Market (which I have always called 99 Cent Ranchmart for some reason) with my mom, and I came across this bizarre fruit. It's called a dragon fruit and it comes from a cactus. Apparently you can eat it. I had never eaten one before so I bought it.

In the photographs it is sitting on the counter, being washed, has been cut open, the flesh is scooped out and cubed, and voila! Time for eating!

You may be wondering what the eating experience is like, which is what I was wondering too at the time that I purchased it.

Texture: Slimy like the sliced segments of a banana, but more like a kiwi in firmness and due to little black kiwi-like seeds.
Flavor: slight sweetness, not a strong or memorable flavor.
Juiciness: similar to a strawberry, except the juice is slimy.
Smell: no strong aroma.

Again, click on the thumbnails to the right to see larger images.

No comments: