Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Sugary snacks

Well my dog died on 2/4/13 and it's hard to imagine that i could still like stuff, or be happy without him.  I look at his pictures a lot and remember the good old days.  I miss him very much.  A lot of things are going on in my life right now and it's been very busy.  Anyway that's enough of being a debbie downer.  Now onto more stuff that I like --

I really like being a Chinese American.  I also liked being exposed to Arabic food in Dubai, as you can see from my previous halawa post!  Today, all sorts of sugary snacks will be featured.

This Chinese honey alternative is maltose - like honey made from barley! It's thicker, stickier, and also has a malty flavor!  Delicious on cookies/candy and by itself!  YUM.


Everyone knows and loves baklava.  My favorite is when the honey sinks to the bottom and makes a honey puddle.  I also like when there is the rose syrup added.

Finally, an American classic!  This one isn't as syrupy/sticky, but I loooove Hostess powdered mini doughnuts! wow they are super unhealthy too!  I especially like the nutmeg/ginger undertone in the cake part and the sugary sprinkly outside!

And, my dog loved all these snacks too.  I know this post would have made him happy.






No comments: