Friday, August 28, 2015

I don't live in TX anymore?!

Since my last post in this blog, in 2013, a lot of things have happened in my life! I finished my residency and I moved to San Francisco for my fellowship.  I haven't really cooked anything special in a looonngggg time.  Isn't that just like residency, to destroy all your hobbies? Ahhh, residency. I certainly abandoned my 10 recipes per week goal.

I took up running about 8 years ago.  I could start blogging about running but SF is kicking my butt with the hills so that would be embarassing.  I'm only running like 8 miles per week.  That is a far cry from 30-40 miles per week.  I could pick it back up and get in the best physical condition of my life, but the older I get, the less realistic that sounds.  I'm 30.  I can't be in peak physical condition.  It's all downhill from here.

I haven't bought any new shoes in awhile.  My priorities have changed. Comfort is paramount.  My new goal is to only wear sweatsuits.  Scrubs are just a thin cotton variation of a sweatsuit.  Clinic clothes still stand in my way of 24-7 comfort.

Well, I am supposed to blog here about things I like.  Recently I am liking peppermint Luna bars. Delicious! I also like eggs.  And lunch meat.  Candy - a classic favorite.  Chocolate, cakes, cookies.

Fitnesswise, I've been running up this hill on a 1.3 mile loop every day and a 3.5 mile loop on the weekend that I can't yet run continuously.   I'm not sure the grade but I swear it's >15%.  Because I can consistently defeat the small hill, I'm going to increase my distance starting today, or consider running the small hill twice. Last week I also announced my intention to do 2 pushups per day every day but I only was able to stick to this for two days, during which I beat my goals by 50% by doing 3 pushups.  I must have overextended myself.  

No comments: