Sunday, April 05, 2009

More parties!



1. Chili - very liquid, more like soup. tastes vaguely Tex-Mex.

2. Marinated Cucumbers - I didn't really like these. The celery seed wasn't what I was expecting. I also broke two bowls, one of which I loved, making this. Now I am inclined to hate this dish.

3. Creamy Cucumbers - Yogurt and dill and cucumbers remind me of tzatziki. I also used a plastic container which is unbreakable.

4. French Bread Baguettes - chewy, holds moisture well. The holes were fine, I like a looser dough. Made good peanut butter toast, and I also used it for an apple-pork-onion burger bun.

5. Bruschetta - I don't like raw onions.

6. Buttermilk Coffee Cake - tastes like a spice cake. very nutmeggy.

7. Baked Potatoes - used to make the twice baked potatoes

8. Twice Baked Potatoes - yum, but would be better with bacon.

9. Caramelized onions - put into the mushroom stroganoff

10. Homemade Pasta - good flavor, easy to make but stiff dough was difficult to knead by hand. Need larger biceps.

11. Mushroom Stroganoff - sort of plain. i like its beef counterpart better.

12. Italian Cream Cake - received many compliments, a smashing hit. very light/fluffy - I haven't ever had to separate whites/yolks for a non-angelfood / sponge cake before.

13. Cream Cheese Frosting - YUM.

The last two photos feature my dog eating a baby pig leg, and my saturday lunch.

No comments: